Thursday, February 10, 2011

Trampoline Gym In Chicago

Haiti - Haiti

an interesting cultural comparison indicated previously in Mozambique.
even here in Haiti I found in people a strong sense of hierarchy. an absolute respect for the roles. it is inconceivable to perform tasks not covered by your "profile". I've never seen a Haitian doctor, one of my gentlemen, start to move beds to accommodate the department. or help to download boxes of medicines from the truck. or move the crates to organize the filing of the pharmacy. I do. if I'm not busy with patients and there is something to do to help, why not? I do not have big problems. but generally the staff looks at me like I was a bit 'insane. and when I ask for help from some medical colleagues, for example, to move a bed from room to room, always a little known 'reticence. as if it were something strange, extraordinary, unfortunate. sure, then do it. but once again to respect the hierarchy. I am the "employer", the supervisor, then his head. or as they say here (and as they said Mozambique), the patron !
and applies not only to doctors. also involved with loading and unloading are a bit 'surprised and confused. what for me is a simple gesture of cooperation, in fact disrupts the order of things. confuses the rigid hierarchical scheme that is extremely important here.
thinking to help, we put them in difficulty. - If the doctor starts to download weights, to me what is there to do? -
showing they can do and the work of others is not as if we recognize the value.
the risk you take when you come into contact with different cultures.
assume that our approach to things is universally recognized.
or worse avere la presunzione che il nostro modo di vivere sia quello giusto, il migliore, quello da insegnare ai "popoli inferiori".
pericoloso.

0 comments:

Post a Comment